- Join / Donate
Science4Society Week 2016
Science4Society Week is a set of inspiring science education activities for young people. The activities focus on the positive contribution that science, design and technology can make to peace, social justice and environmental sustainability.
Science4Society Week 2016 ran from 14th to 20th March.
- Read the Review of Science4Society Week achievements including photos
- Read on for an outline of our key activities...
This year’s activities included:
This was an opportunity for young people to apply their creativity, curiosity and imagination to design an eco-community. You can still download the following information:
Resources - interactive lessons on science, technology and ethics. Schools and children can take part in an exciting range of classroom activities under the headings of Energy, Water, Food, Industry, Buildings, Transport and Healthcare. The activities include debates and discussions, problem solving and practical activities.
If you would like to use these resources, they can be downloaded here
- community-run renewable energy projects, including hydro, solar and biomass systems;
- super-insulated eco-homes; and
- innovative sharing schemes, such as cohousing and car clubs.
For further information on our activities and how to get involved, please contact us.
- Links to similar resources provided by other organisations are listed here
As a matter of policy, SGR accepts no funding from arms or fossil fuel corporations, which fund a lot of science education activity in the UK.
If your organisation would be interested in funding/sponsoring future years, please contact us.