Everyone is welcome to participate in our 2021 conference, which will be held on Wednesday 6 October from 16.00 to 18.00 BST, online via Zoom.
- Dr. Lewis Akenji, Director of the Hot or Cool Institute
- What do 1.5C lifestyles look like? Using climate science to inform the kind of lifestyles we can enjoy while still preventing climate breakdown.
- Andrew Simms, Assistant Director of SGR
- Implementing the Science Oath for the Climate.
- Dr. Liz Kalaugher, Responsible Science Campaigner, SGR
- Breaking carbon chains in professional science: ending fossil fuel finance of science and technology bodies.
- Dr. Stuart Parkinson, Executive Director, SGR
- The military carbon bootprint: uniting climate and peace activism.
- Dr. Jan Maskell & Dr. Emily Heath, SGR
- Encouraging climate education and activism in schools, colleges and universities.
Plus interactive bits!
After a short break (18.00-18.15), SGR will hold its Annual General Meeting (18.15-19.00) which SGR members and supporters are welcome to stay for.
Download the conference programme [pdf], including summaries of the presentations.