Media release, 22 February 2018
New issue published today.
A range of expert authors provide novel and important analysis of controversial issues in science, design and technology.
Feature articles cover:
- Update on Arctic ice cap melting
- Nuclear weapons: re-armament or disarmament?
- Protecting the oceans
- Will Brexit drive UK academia over a cliff edge?
- New EU military R&D spending plans
- Air pollution: one of the greatest health challenges of our time
- Cars and climate change
- UK nuclear weapons accidents: a brief history
- Being a radical scientist: lessons from the 1980s
A full list of articles is given here.
1. Scientists for Global Responsibility (SGR) is an independent UK-based organisation of ethically concerned science, design and technology professionals. Founded in 1992, it has approximately 750 members. For more details, see /
2. Electronic copies of articles from SGR Newsletter no.46 are being released over a period of several months, with some publicly available now – see: /publications/sgr-newsletter-46
3. Printed copies of the newsletter are mailed to SGR members upon publication. Back issues of the SGR Newsletter are available to download. For more details, see: /publications/sgr-newsletters
4. For further information, phone SGR Director, Dr Stuart Parkinson on 07941 953640