Media release, 21 June 2017
Scientists for Global Responsibility (SGR) – an independent UK organisation of professionals which promotes science, design and technology for peace, social justice and environmental sustainability – celebrates its 25th anniversary today.
It will mark its anniversary by organising and/or taking part in several events over the autumn, including:
- Creating a better world: Some lessons for the next 25 years – SGR’s conference in central London on 28 October;
- Health through Peace – Medact/ IPPNW conference at York University, from 4 to 6 September;
- The Business Plan for Peace – The Martin Ryle Trust’s lecture in central London on 2 October.
Over its 25 years, SGR has carried out ground-breaking research and campaign work on a wide range of issues, including nuclear disarmament, climate change and military/ corporate influence on science and technology. It has also run inspiring education activities for university students and school children under its projects, Science4Society Week and Ethical Careers in Science, Design and Technology. Its office is based in an eco-development, near Lancaster.
Contact: Dr Stuart Parkinson; 07941 953640
1. For more information about SGR, see: /
2. For more details of the listed events, see: /events/latest